For many years there were two Episcopal Churches in Randolph. Grace Church at the Center, and St. John's in the Village. Both churches trace their ancestry to Christ Church, Bethel, which was organized as a parish in 1794. The first Episcopal service in Randolph was held about 1820 and Grace Church was erected in 1848, fourteen years after the "Episcopal Society in Randolph" was organized.

A complex chain reaction saw St. John's Randolph grow out of old Grace Church, which was demolished in 1969. St. John's owes part of its existence to the activities of nineteenth century railroad barons who pushed through a new line in the Civil War era to the town known as West Randolph. Population soon followed and the vestry of Grace Church authorized construction of the present building on Summer Street. (Cost $3,896)